"Strongly, Gently, Beautifully!" (つよく、やさしく、美しく! Tsuyoku, Yasashiku, Utsushiku!) This theme of this Pretty Cure series is Princess with the key Dreams. Prepare to have elegant princess-like lessons next week after the final episode of HapiChar with Go! Princess Pretty Cure, which is February 1, 2015.
A long time ago, a young girl named Haruka Haruno met up with a strange boy named Prince Kanata. He gave her a strange key named Dress-Up Key and she must promise that she never give up her own dreams. A few years later, Haruka, now at the age of 13, attends the Noble Academy, a boarding school for girls. But even now, she cherished her dreams of becoming a princess, like those from her precious picture books. One day, she encountered Puff and Aroma, the two creatures from Hope Kingdom, who were followed by strange monsters. The fairies told her that they were created by a witch who turns dreams to despair and locks them away in the Gate of Despair. With no choice, the fairies gave Haruka a Princess Perfume, becoming Cure Flora, a Pretty Cure to oppose the dark witch. Now being joined by Minami Kaido/Cure Mermaid and Kirara Amanogawa/Cure Twinkle, they form the Princess Pretty Cure Team in order to collect Dress-Up Keys to open the Gate of Dreams and protect people's dreams from despair.
- Chieri (チエリ Chieri?)
- Voiced by: Saki Fujita
- The original Cure Flora before Haruka succeeded her as a current Cure Flora.
- Yura (ユラ Yura?)
- Voiced by: Satsuki Yukino
- The original Cure Mermaid before Minami succeeded her as a current Cure Mermaid.
- Sei (セイ Sei?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Shimizu
- The original Cure Twinkle before Kirara succeeded her as a current Cure Twinkle.
- Prince Kanata (カナタ王子 Kanata Ōji?)
- Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana
- His full name being Prince Hope Grand Kanata (プリンス・ホープ・グランド・カナタ Purinsu Hōpu Gurando Kanata?), Kanata is the crown prince of the Hope Kingdom who has a gentle, kind, and brave heart. When Dyspear attacked his homeland, he entrusts the Princess Perfumes to Pafu and Aroma to search the Pretty Cures while he protects the Dress Up Keys. But Kanata was forced to send the Dress Up Keys to Yumegahama before fleeing into the forest as Dys Dark takes over his palace, giving the last Dress Up Key to a young Haruka. Towa is revealed to be his sister. His status is unknown when he holds off Dyspear's attack before the Cures and Towa sent back to Earth. He is shown to be alive when his brooch was found by the cats before the Cures learn that he is somewhere around the Earth. After survived Dyspear's attack, he was found by Nishikido and lost his powers and memories. In episode 39, he regained his memories of Hope Kingdom.
- King and Queen (ホープキングダム王、ホープキングダム王妃 Hōpu Kingudamu Ou, Hōpu Kingudamu Ouhi)
- Seiyuu: Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Yuri Amano
- Towa and Kanata's parents and rulers of the Hope Kingdom. They are trapped within the Gate of Desperation when the Dys Dark invade their homeland. After Close's departure, they were released by the Cures and reunited with their children.
- Perf (パフ Pafu)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- A Poodle-like fairy from the Hope Kingdom who came to search for the Pretty Cures, Perf serves as the maid of the Hope Kingdom. She is very fashionable, carefree, spoiled, talkative and the most happiest trying out different hairstyles and clothes. As the series progresses, she finally became a full-pledged maid after protecting a sick Towa from Dys Dark. She often ends her sentences with "pafu". Her name comes from the "Powder Puff", used for the application of face powder. Her human form resembles a short girl with a pink maid dress and pink hair.
- Aroma (アロマ Aroma)
- Voiced by: Shiho Kokido
- A parrot fairy from the Hope Kingdom and Pafu's older brother, Aroma serves as the butler of the Hope Kingdom. He is bright, cheerful, reliable, sweet, happy-go-lucky, sometimes nags the girls in his efforts to lead them to being true princesses and is deeply affectionate, especially towards his sister. Like his sister, he finally became a full-pledged butler after protecting a sick Towa from Dys Dark. He often ends his sentences with "roma". His name comes from "Aroma", meaning fragrant. His human form resembles a teenage boy with purple hair and wearing a butler outfit.
- Miss Shamour (ミス・シャムール Misu Shamūru)
- Voiced by: Mayumi Shintani
- A Siamese cat fairy from the Hope Kingdom who comes out from the Lesson Pad to teach the Cures during Princess Lessons and acts as their mentor. She can transform into her human form at her own will, resembling a black haired lady with two twintails. Her name comes from the "Chamois leather", a type of material used in leather bags.
- Kuroro (クロロ Kuroro) / Lock (ロック Rokku)
- Voiced by: Yuki Kaida
- A Scottish Fold Cat fairy from the Hope Kingdom who is one of the Royal Fairies, shy in personality and often ending his sentences with "roro". After the Hope Kingdom fell, Kuroro fell into despair and transformed into the child-like Lock with a cool, gentle, calm and intelligent personality as shown in episode 40 when he was brainwashed with the hood. Wearing a hooded jacket with a demon's face and wings that cover his eyes, despite playing video games in spare time, Lock becomes the top member of Dys Dark's Three Musketeers. He traps peoples' dreams by saying, "Lock Your Dream!" (ロック・ユア・ドリーム！). Later, a weaken Dyspear leaves Lock in charge of Dys Dark while giving him the task gather despair energy to help heal her while she retreats into the Forest of Despair to recover from her fight against Cure Scarlet. But Lock uses some of the energy he acquired to assume a teenage-like form before reaching his quota with the Dress Up Keys, only to reveal his intention to take over Dys Dark as he uses the gathered despair energy to turn the Hope Kingdom's palace into a giant Zetsuborg. The Cures retrieve back their keys and battle against him but he transform into his toad-like dragon form to attack them but they managed to purify him with Eclat Espoir while he ends up in a coma. Reverting back to Kuroro and waking up later, he resolves to help the Cures so he can return to his homeland. During the final battle, Close revive Lock and overpower the Cures with the despair from Noble Academy's students, after they were released from the Cage of Despair, he was weaken and suffer by Dyspear's control and Shut persuade him to remember his old-self before the Cures purify him. Kuroro become Lock again and aid the Cures against Dyspear. Following Close's departure, he became a fairy teacher while Lock start his new life in Yumegahama along with Shut.
Dys DarkThe antagonist group of the series, whose goal is to make peoples' dream trapped into the Gate of Despair and spread the world with despair and chaos. After taking over the Hope Kingdom, Dys Dark's (ディスダーク Disu Dāku?) forces are dispatched to Yumegahama to find the Dress Up Keys to conquer the world. While Dyspear is on recovery in the Forest of Despair, she left Lock in charge so he and Shut can fuel the gauges to gather people's despair to speed up her restoration. However, Lock's act of treason lost the Hope Kingdom's castle with a revived Dyspear creating a new palace from thorns. Dys is a short name for despair. All the generals survive after Dyspear's defeat. Close, Stop and Freeze depart after fighting Cure Flora while Shut and Lock starts their new life in Yumegahama.
- Dyspear (ディスピア Disupia)
- Voiced by: Yoshiko Sakakibara
- The main antagonist of the series and the leader of the Dys Dark. A ruthless and cunning sorceress who hates dreams and aims to turn the world into place of despair and chaos with the power of the Dress Up Keys. Her name comes from the word "despair". She was born from the despair where the people does not have dream. She was reawaken when she lured Towa into the Forest of Despair because of her dream of becoming a Grand Princess, she manipulated and erased her memories to become Twilight, who believed to be her daughter and became Dys Dark's princess. After her battle with Towa, she returns to the Forest of Despair to recover and gives Lock a gauge to fill up despair's energy so she can return when she reach her full strength. Close uses the gauges that Lock collected to bring her back to life and resume her leadership. After the Hope Kingdom is restored, she begin to invade the Earth and attack Noble Academy. After Lock's defeat, Dyspear absorbs Close to assume her true form to easily overpower the Cures. But the Cures are able to assume Grand Princess form to purify her.
GeneralsThey serve as Dyspear's elite minions. Close, Shut and Lock formed into a group called the Three Musketeers (三銃士 Sanjūshi?). Their names are referring to the words that sealed the door while Stop and Freeze are the twin generals that referring to the words that halt something. They have the power to trap people's dreams into the Gate of Desperation to creates Zetsuborg, depending which appearance they summoned when they increased their power. Twilight can use her Dress Up Keys on them to increase their power but also power up the Zetsuborg. They can also assume their monstrous form when battle the Cures in the later part of the series.
- Close (クローズ Kurōzu)
- Voiced by: Mitsuaki Madono
- The primary member of the Dys Dark's Three Musketeers and secondary main antagonist of the series. A short-tempered, strict, straight forward and stubborn punk rocker who doesn't care about people's feelings and wears a lock around his neck with purple rock star outfit. He trap people's dreams by saying, "Close Your Dream!" (クローズ・ユア・ドリーム！). After failing one time too many, Close is given a final chance by Dyspear to eliminate the Pretty Cures as he takes them and Yui to his Cage of Despair dimension where he assumes a monstrous bird-like form to overwhelm the girls to the brink of despair. But with Yui giving the Cures hope, they defeat Close with the Trinity Lumiere. But it turned out Close survived yet only made his return to gather the despair energy from the defeated Lock, using it to completely rejuvenate Dyspear and create a new palace for their group. During the final battle, allowing Dyspear to absorb him to give her the power to battle the Cures, Close survived his leader's death and assumed a new form through her residual powers. Close proceeded to fight Cure Flora, but is defeated and takes his leave while starting to understand that dreams and despair need each other.
- Shut (シャット Shatto)
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- The secondary member of the Dys Dark's Three Musketeers. A narcissistic, pompous and aristocratic man who adores anything as beautiful as himself and wears a dark blue suit and a white hat with black rose and blue feather decoration. He also holds a black rose in his hand. He trap people's dreams by saying, "Shut Your Dream!"(シャット・ユア・ドリーム！). He shows admiration towards Twilight due to her being a pretty girl. He ends his sentences with "nomi", which is same meaning as his name. In episode 46, he battle the Cures one last time after the previous battle and assuming a monstrous cat-like form before being defeated as Shamour give him the scarf as he left after understand the meaning of beauty. During the final battle, he asist the Cures facing both Close and Lock and confront Lock about his true self and allow the Cures to purify him until he was beaten by Close. He along with the Noble Academy's students help the Cures along with Kuroro to battle Dyspear. Following Close's departure, he and Lock starts their new life in Yumegahama.
- Stop (ストップ Sutoppu) and Freeze (フリーズ Furīzu)
- Voiced by: Shiori Izawa (Stop), Miyako Itō (Freeze)
- Twin Dys Dark generals that serve as Close's attendants, created from seeds that Close planted. The two resemble young girls with faces are covered in masks with different ears: Stop's having rabbit ears and Freeze with mouse ears. They trap people's dreams by saying "Stop, Freeze Your Dream!"(ストップ、フリーズ・ユア・ドリーム！). During the final battle, they assume their true vine-like forms to support Dyspear. After Dyspear's destruction, Stop and Freeze assume the forms of armored serpents to battle Cure Flora before taking their leave with Close.
- Zetsuborg (ゼツボーグ Zetsubōgu)
- Voiced by: Takayuki Nakatsukasa
- The lock-themed monsters of the series. They are created when the generals trap people's dreams within the Gate of Despair, turning their dream into a nightmare which forms the core of a Zetsuborg's being. Their names are a portmanteau of "zetsubō" (絶望, "despair") and "cyborg". Each of the generals use their own names when they trap the victim's dream. Twilight can use the generals' locks to increase their powers to make them more powerful in the progress. Using a horn-like lock, the generals creates more powerful Zetsuborg to fuel despair's energy from people to restore Dyspear's strength. When the generals uses the two green locks, it will grow a Forest of Despair that are planted by Close. Dyspear's Zetsuborg are created by the lock based on her headdress as a clone version of herself without trapping people's dreams. When they are defeated, they say "Dreaming!", if defeated by Cure Scarlet, they say "Burning!".
Noble AcademyUnlike the rest of the series, this academy is a boarding school with dormitory and they greet the others by saying "Have a Good Day (ごきげんよう Gokigen'yō)".
- Yui Nanase (七瀬 ゆい Nanase Yui)
- Voiced by: Haruka Yoshimura
- Haruka's roommate and friend at Noble Academy who dreams of becoming a children's book author. In episode 10, she discovers Haruka and her group's identities as Pretty Cures and helps them out anyway she can. She often takes care of civilians during a Dys Dark attack. In the epilogue, she published the Princess story.
- Reiko Kisaragi (如月 れいこ Kisaragi Reiko)
- Voiced by: Risa Mizuno
- The dorm superviser of the academy. She was initially afraid of dogs, causing her to dislike Perf, but became fond of her when she protected her from a Zetsuborg.
- Seira Azuma (東 せいら Azuma Seira)
- Voiced by: Yui Hashimoto
- The student council vice-president of the academy.
- Ayaka Nishimine (西峰 あやか Nishimine Ayaka)
- Voiced by: Ayano Niina
- The student council secretary of the academy.
- Shirogane (白金さん Shirogane-san)
- Voiced by: Keiko Aki
- The head of the women's dormitory and matron of the academy. She often appears abruptly and at the perfect moments, doing various duties around the academy. Rumors say that she is more than one person.
- Yuki Aihara (藍原 ゆうき Aihara Yūki)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Abe, Yuko Gibu (elementary school)
- Haruka's classmate who often picked on her when they were in kindergaten together. He later became a passionate member of the tennis club.
- Shu Imagawa (今川 シュウ Imagawa Shū)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Tamaru
- The second student council vice-president of the academy and the leader of the men's dormitory.
- Naoto Koshiba (古芝 ナオト Koshiba Naoto)
- Voiced by: Taishi Murata
- The second student council secretary of the academy.
- Yume Mochizuki (望月 ゆめ Mochizuki Yume)
- Voiced by: Toshiko Sawada
- The friendly and polite Headmistress of Noble Academy and former famous children's author who wrote "Princess of Flowers", the book that inspired Haruka's dream.
- Hanae Komori (小森 はなえ Komori Hanae)
- Voiced by: Haruka Chisuga
- Haruka's classmate and member of flower arrangement club.
- Sayaka Kano (狩野さやか Kanō Sayaka) / Mai Kurita (栗田まい Kurita Mai) / Noriko Komaki (小巻のりこ Komaki Noriko)
- Voiced by: Yui Hashimoto (Mai Kurita)
- Yuki Aihara's fanclub, they always support Yuki for his matches and they were jealous of Haruka when she and Yuki interacted with each other.
- Kimimaro Ijuin (伊集院 キミマロ Ijūin Kimimaro)
- Voiced by: Masahito Yabe
- Minami's fiance and childhood friend. In the finale, he enroll Noble Academy.
- Kenta Hirano (平野 ケンタ Hirano Kenta)
- Voiced by: Yūsuke Kobayashi
- Haruka and Yui's classmate, he played Romeo in the drama show.
- Riko Furuya (古屋 りこ Furuya Riko)
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda
- Haruka and Yui's classmate, she's the drama club director and dreams of becoming a movie's director.
- Sumire Zama (座間 すみれ Zama Sumire)
- Voiced by: Mari Yokō
- Haruka's homeroom teacher in Noble Academy.
|Moe (left), Ibuki (center) and Momoka (right) in Episode 25.|
- Voiced by: Yasunori Matsumoto
- Haruka's father. He is a baker, and impressed many of Haruka's friends with his baked goods on his visit to the school.
- Momoka Haruno (春野 ももか Haruno Momoka)
- Voiced by: Ayu Matsūra
- Haruka's younger sister. A first grade student who acted impolite towards people when visiting the school. It is later revealed that she was only upset and missed her older sister.
Stella in Episode 43 flashback.
- Stella Amanogawa (天ノ川 ステラ Amanogawa Sutera)
- Seiyuu: Sayaka Ohara
- Kirara's mother. A supermodel who inspired her daughter to be like her.
- Ken Takamagahara (高天原 健 Takamagahara Ken)
- Kirara's father. A famous movie actor who has been in Hollywood films.
|This character is unvoiced, unfortunately.|
- Wataru Kaido (海藤わたる Kaidō Wataru)
- Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Minami's older brother, who owns and manages a seaside resort, he's the heir of the Kaido family who graduated from academy before his sister enrolled. He dreams of becoming helpful and respectful towards other peoples.
|Wataru in Episode 45.|
- Tsukasa Kaido (海藤つかさ Kaidō Tsukasa)
- Voiced by: Hiroyuki Kinoshita
- Minami's father, who is the president of Kaido Group.
|Masumi (left) and Tsukasa (right) in Episode 45.|
- Masumi Kaido (海藤ますみ Kaidō Masumi)
- Voiced by: Emi Shinohara
- Minami's mother.
- Baurollo Bauanne (ボロロ・ボワンヌ Bororo Bowan'nu)
- Voiced by: Takumi Yamazaki
- A famous and somewhat eccentric fashion designer.
- Ranko Ichijou (一条らんこ Ichijō Ranko)
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- A budding starlet with dreams of becoming a TV star, and occasional rival of fellow idol Kirara. Despite her youthful appearance, Ranko is a third-year at Noble Academy.
- Kyoko Tachi (舘響子 Tachi Kyōko)
- Voiced by: Mayumi Sako
- Kirara's president and manager of modeling agency.
- Nishikido (錦戸さん Nishikido-san)
- Voiced by: Osamu Saka
- Minami's violin instructor, who also works as a violin repair man. He has built many violins, and gifted Haruka one.
- Oikawa (オイカワ Oikawa)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Naka
- An old butler who shows Aroma that what's important for a butler is to consider his master's feelings.
- Tina (ティナ Tina)
- Voiced by: Satomi Kōrogi
- A little wild dolphin who saved Minami several years ago. In episode 16, it also saved her from Zetsuborg's attack.
- Karin Akeboshi (明星 かりん Akeboshi Karin)
- Voiced by: Mayuki Makiguchi
- A model who befriends Kirara and serves as her assistant.
|Karin in Noble Academy's fashion show in Episode 43.|
8 out of 10 (as of September 22nd, 2016)
- Great story about dreams and despair.
- The battle is different by camera direction which makes it great when in important story each.
- 3D finishing attacks. The Cure's face (like Flora and Mermaid) makes it creepy. (fortunately stopped in MahouTsukai except item close-up in which I can slide). Make even creepier in the 2nd ED.